Lawn Envy provides Fall Cleanup services to get your lawn ready for the winter and looking great for next year.
Fall is a very important time to keep your lawn healthy and thriving going into the harsh winter months. Please inquire today regarding our Fall Cleanup Services.
Why is leaf removal important?
Although Fall is beautiful in New England and the fallen leaves are great to look at and play in, leaving the leaves creates several problems for your lawn.
- Leaves on the lawn deprive grass plants of needed sunlight. This will cause brown patches and/or dead patches in the lawn
- Leaves on the lawn suffocate the lawn by depriving the turf of vital oxygen
- Leaves on the lawn trap moisture within the turf which can create fungus issues
Leaf cleanup in just one aspect in assuring that your yard looks its best come next spring. A complete fall clean-up is the key to preparing your landscape for the cold winter months and ensuring it starts out healthy in the spring.
What else is important in Fall Cleanup?
- The lawn should be mowed shorter than normal (around 3 inches) to prevent fungus problems
- Trim and shape hedges and shrubs one last time for a neat winter appearance and to prevent snow and ice damage
- Dead wood or cross branches should be pruned to eliminate the chance of pest issues
- Remove all leaves, branches, twigs and debris from lawn and planting beds
- Perennial flowers should be “dead-headed” to promote growth in the spring
- Mulch should be turned and roughed up for a neat appearance and to eliminate any mold that may be setting in
- Lawn should be aerated to allow nutrients and oxygen to penetrate the soil and remove soil compaction
- Fall fertilizer and lime should be applied to promote healthy turf growth in the spring
Putting the effort in this fall for a thorough fall cleanup will certainly pay off come spring when you’d rather be out enjoying the nice weather than working on your lawn!